- Location: Sydney (no remote work)
- Term: Full Time
- Recruitment Agencies: No
- VISA: Working rights in Australia
Would you like to drive the tech development of a fast growing start-up in Australia and beyond? Do you like the sound of Real-time data analytics, Computer vision, Machine learning or Augmented reality and would love to build a product to put in the hands of millions of shoppers while answering one of the most important problems of the Retail and Consumer Products industry?
Who we are
We want to help brands and retailers grow by delivering higher value and better in-store experience to their shoppers, while creating additional revenue opportunities for everyday people in Australia and beyond.
Our fast growing start-up has been helping some of the biggest companies in the world get real-time point of sale data analytics – Coca-Cola, Mars Wrigley Confectionery (Mars, Snickers, Extra), Pernod Ricard (Absolut Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Havana Club), Ferrero (Nutella, Kinder, Tic Tac) and many more.
In the last 3 years, we achieve the following milestones:
- Awarded Start-Up of the Year at StartCon
- Recognized as Digital Disruptor of the Retail and Consumer Products industry by the Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Selected to be part of muru-d, the Telstra accelerator
- $1M fund raising to accelerate growth
- Partner of Coca-Cola Amatil through their innovation and accelerator program, Amatil X
- 50,000 users on our Mobile App, and an increased popularity supported by the Australian media
- 30+ leading FMCG companies and retailers leveraging the power of Snooper
- An amazing team of 12 whose passion led to these fantastic results and are looking forward to the next Snooper adventures
What we do
SNOOPER is a crowdsourcing platform for brands: our community of shoppers gets paid to collect in-store data and share their experience with brands in real time through our app.
What’s in it for the brands: We are turning marketing and sales into a science – not just an art – by providing real time data analytics to brands at the lowest cost so that they can make smarter sales and marketing decisions. Brands can finally see through the eyes of their customers in real time and take actions to improve their experience in store.
What’s in it for our Snoopers: We create extra money opportunities for our community of shoppers and allow anyone to make money with their smartphones. Download the app, answer a couple of questions while shopping and get paid!
You’ll find more information on our website www.snooper-app.com or watch our client testimonials on our youtube channel.
What you will do
- Work as part of a small (yet growing), high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our current solution covering exciting topics such as computer vision, machine learning and even augmented reality.
- Work on both sides of our product:
- Our web platform used by major brands and retailers in Australia and around the world to get access to real-time data analytics;
- Our mobile app used by hundred thousands of people to collect data in store.
- Get full autonomy to build and develop the solutions you’ve created, and participate in all our rituals (code review, retrospective, mob programming, …).
- Collaborate with all teams (Ops, Business Dev, Community management) to determine the best solutions to challenging business requirements.
- Identify and communicate best practices for front and backend engineering.
We strongly believe that you can’t have a good overview of what is in front of you without the tech stack. So here it goes:
- MongoDB/Postgres as the databases
- Kotlin + spring boot for the backend
- React + Redux for the frontend
- React-native + Redux for the mobile
- AWS services + Terraform for the infrastructure
- AWS lambda + SQS/SNS for events processing
- The most important thing for us is your strong knowledge in Computer Science (data structure, performance, concurrency, ….) and Software Craftsmanship (test practices, design, code review, mentoring, ….)
- Strong testing, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Relevant commercial experience (3 or more years) in developing platform with both web and mobile consumers
- An analytical, yet creative, approach to problem solving
- Passion for results and ready to go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients and users
- You are happy to work on every layer of the stack
- Ownership of your features
- Backend / Fullstack experience with Java is ideal, but not necessary
- Broader generalist knowledge of cloud, networking, and operating systems Cloud Infrastructure – AWS, Google, or Azure
- Scala/Spark experience
- Experience with react-native on a commercial project
- Join an awarded and fast growing start-up at the beginning of our scaling stage
- Earn a competitive salary
- Get the ability to be in the driving seat and take ownership to drive our technical roadmap – you will have a very high impact on the business, immediately!
- Build a product used by the most renowned brands in the world and solving one of the biggest problem of the Retail and FMCG industry
- Get unparallel learning opportunities in a fast-paced organisation thanks to stage of the business and span of your responsibilities and by being a key member of our tech team
- Benefit from our connection with the start-up ecosystem, notably the muru-D network (the accelerator backed by Telstra as we had the privilege to be part of the SYD4 cohort)
- Enjoy a great work environment with a fun team and other perks (1 week team retreat in Byron Bay, quarterly team off-sites, regular team lunches, weekly Friday drinks and ‘Win of the Week’ celebrations,…)
- Work from our amazing office right in the centre of the Sydney CBD (bright open space shared with great Australian start-ups, barista coffee machine, ping pong table, office bar open every Friday afternoon,…)
Please apply by sending us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Romain Stas de Richelle, our cofounder, via Linkedin if you have questions about the role.
Finally, follow us on Instagram @snoopermoments to get a feel of what it is to work at Snooper!
Please note that we do NOT accept candidates from recruiting firms or agencies.