Lead Engineer (Senior Full-stack)
- Location: Sydney
- Term: Full Time
- Recruitment Agencies: No
- VISA: Working rights in Australia
Would you like to drive the tech roadmap of a fast growing start-up in Australia and beyond? Are you looking for ownership, innovation challenges, and the opportunity to put your product in the hands of millions of shoppers while answering one of the most important problems of the Retail and Consumer Products industry?
Who we are
SNOOPER is a crowdsourcing platform for brands: our community of shoppers gets paid to collect in-store data and share their experience with brands in real time through our app.
We want to help brands and retailers grow by delivering higher value and better in-store experience to their shoppers, while creating additional revenue opportunities for everyday people in Australia and beyond.
Our fast growing start-up has been helping some of the biggest companies in the world get real-time point of sale data analytics – Coca-Cola, Mars Wrigley Confectionery, Pernod Ricard and many more.
In the last 3 years, we achieve the following milestones:
- Awarded Start-Up of the Year at StartCon
- Recognized as Digital Disruptor of the Retail and Consumer Products industry by the Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Selected to be part of muru-d, the Telstra accelerator
- $1M fund raising to accelerate growth
- Partner of Coca-Cola Amatil through their innovation and accelerator program, Amatil X
- 75,000 users on our Mobile App, and an increased popularity supported by the Australian media
- 50+ leading FMCG companies and retailers leveraging the power of Snooper
- An amazing team whose passion led to these fantastic results and are looking forward to the next Snooper adventures
Check out our News page for client testimonials and press coverage.
We are looking for a passionate team member to lead our tech team, own our tech roadmap and be in charge of our technical innovation.
- Be in charge of the definition of our tech stack and collaborate closely with our founders to turn the business vision into technical innovation
- Work on both sides of our product:
- Our web platform used by major brands and retailers in Australia and around the world to get access to real-time data analytics;
- Our mobile app used by thousands of people to collect data in store and share their feedback with their favourite brands
- Keep improving our current solution covering exciting topics such as computer vision
- Get full autonomy to build and develop the solutions you’ve created
- Collaborate with all teams (Ops, Business Dev, Community management, Product) to determine the best solutions to challenging business requirements
- Identify and communicate best practices for front and backend engineering
- Lead, manage and grow an awesome tech team – you are in the lead and will be able to choose the people you work with!
- Improve the existing dev process
We strongly believe that you can’t have a good overview of what is in front of you without the tech stack. So here it goes:
- MongoDB/Postgres as the databases
- Kotlin + spring boot for the backend
- React + Redux for the frontend
- React-native + Redux for the mobile
- AWS services + Terraform for the infrastructure
- AWS lambda + SQS/SNS for events processing
- Strong knowledge in Computer Science (data structure, performance, concurrency, ….) and Software Craftsmanship (test practices, design, code review, mentoring, ….)
- Strong testing, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Relevant commercial experience (3 or more years) in developing platform with both web and mobile users
- An analytical, yet creative, approach to problem solving
- Passion for results and ready to go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients and users
- Appetite to work on every layers of the stack
- Ownership of your features
- A successful track record of mentoring other devs in a team
- Ability to leverage technical innovation to achieve company objectives and vision
- Caring deeply about people and culture
- Backend / Fullstack experience with Java is ideal, but not necessary
- Broader generalist knowledge of cloud, networking, and operating systems Cloud Infrastructure – AWS, Google, or Azure
- Scala/Spark experience
- Experience with react-native on a commercial project
- Join an awarded and fast growing start-up at the beginning of our scaling stage
- Earn a competitive salary
- Get the ability to be in the driving seat and take ownership of our/your technical roadmap – you will have a very high impact on the business, immediately!
- Build a product used by the most renowned brands in the world and solving one of the biggest problem of the Retail and FMCG industry
- Get unparalleled learning opportunities in a fast-paced organisation thanks to stage of the business and span of your responsibilities and by being a key member of our leadership team
- Benefit from our connection with the start-up & tech ecosystem
- Enjoy a great work environment with a fun team and other perks (1 week team retreat in Byron Bay, quarterly team off-sites, regular team lunches, weekly Friday drinks and ‘Win of the Week’ celebrations,…)
- Work from our amazing office right in the centre of the Sydney CBD (bright open space shared with great Australian start-ups, barista coffee machine, ping pong table, office bar open every Friday afternoon,…)
Please apply by sending us your CV at email@example.com or contact Romain Stas de Richelle, our cofounder, via Linkedin if you have questions about the role.
Finally, follow us on Instagram @snoopermoments to get a feel of what it is to work at Snooper!
Please note that we do NOT accept candidates from recruiting firms or agencies.