Full-stack Software developer
- Location: Sydney (no remote work)
- Term: Full Time
- Recruitment Agencies: No
- VISA: Working rights in Australia
Do you like the sound of Real-time data analytics, Computer vision or Machine learning and would love to build a product to put in the hands of millions of shoppers while answering one of the most important problems of the Retail and Consumer Products industry?
Who we are
We are a fast-growing start-up funded by a famous Australian Venture Capital fund. We are already helping some of the biggest companies in the world get real-time point of sale data analytics – Unilever (Magnum, Dove), Heineken, Coca-Cola, Ferrero, Frucor (V Energy), Pernod Ricard (Absolute Vodka) and many more. With more and more users subscribing to our Mobile App and more and more leading brands adopting our crowdsourcing solution, we are now looking at doubling the size of our team to accelerate our growth.
What we do
SNOOPER is a crowdsourcing platform that disrupts the way brands get data analytics about their execution in store by creating a decentralized data-collection process. Our App allows brands to connect in real-time to thousands of shoppers who get paid to complete short surveys in store.
What’s in it for the brands: We are turning marketing and sales into a science – not just an art – by providing real time data analytics to brands at the lowest cost so that they can make smarter sales and marketing decisions. Brands can finally see through the eyes of their customers in real time and take actions to improve their experience in store.
What’s in it for our Snoopers: We create extra money opportunities for our community of shoppers and allow anyone to make money with their smartphones. Download the app, answer a couple of questions while shopping and get paid! In only a couple of months, more than 20,000 users joined the Snooper community in Australia.
We’re looking for a passionate full-stack software engineer with expertise in React and React Native to become our Mobile Lead and take our Mobile App to the next level.
- Together we will build a product that will save up to $150 Billion a year to the FMCG industry.
- Your product will be in the hands of thousands of people as of day 1, with the aim to be used by millions
- You will get full autonomy to define the mobile architecture
As Lead Mobile Developer, you will help grow our technical team in close relationship with our Tech lead. Your decisions will directly impact the future of Snooper’s architecture and product and the success of our business.
- Design the Mobile architecture and work closely with our Tech Lead on the overall product architecture (not just mobile)
- Develop highly scalable mobile application (suited for mass-market usage and global coverage)
- Develop RESTful Web Services and other backend enhancements supporting mobile applications
- Work closely with the business team on the product design and implementation
- Work on Research and Development to enhance the product capabilities (machine learning, computer vision, …)
- Skilled at developing REStful Web Services in support of mobile applications
- JS ES6
- Knowledge in frameworks React, Redux, Redux-Saga
- Knowledge of UX and UI design concepts and discipline
- Able to deal with mobile network challenges
- Experience with development flow and related tools (Git, CI/CD concept)
- Creative technical problem solver
- Organized, methodical and detail-oriented
- Able to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Ownership of strategic decisions
- Able to explain to a non-technical audience
- You are self-motivated, have a positive attitude and you are a team player
- Experience with Vue.js
- AWS experience
- Kotlin as a backend experience
- Experience in developing and maintaining Native Mobile Apps
- Join an awarded start-up: Start up of the year and Best Mobile App start up at StartCon 2016, and recognized as Digital Disruptor of the Retail and Consumer Products industry by the Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Collaborate with the most renowned brands in the world to solve one of the biggest problem of the Retail industry
- Benefit from the muru-D network, the accelerator backed by Telstra as we had the privilege to be part of the SYD4 cohort
- Enjoy a great work environment with high flexibility, fun team and other perks right in the center of the Sydney CBD (at Fishburners – Wynyard)!
Please apply by sending us your CV at email@example.com
People usually say we’re nice, so let’s catch up and discuss about your ambitions.
Please note that we do NOT accept candidates from recruiting firms, remote candidate or agencies. Agency contacts are not welcome.