- Location: Sydney (no remote work)
- Term: Full Time
- Recruitment Agencies: No
- VISA: Working Visa required
Would you like to drive the business development strategy of an innovative fast-growing start-up? Would you like to help the most renowned brands connect directly to their shoppers to get invaluable real time data, make better sales and marketing investments and deliver higher value to their customers? Would you like to help us build the largest community of store-checkers in the world and create extra money opportunities for millions of people? Do you want to solve one of the biggest problem of the Retail and Consumer Products industry?
Who we are
We want to help brands and retailers grow by delivering higher value and better in-store experience to their shoppers, while creating additional revenue opportunities for everyday people in Australia and beyond.
Our fast growing start-up has been helping some of the biggest companies in the world get real-time point of sale data analytics – Coca-Cola, Mars Wrigley Confectionery (Mars, Snickers, Extra), Pernod Ricard (Absolut Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Havana Club), Ferrero (Nutella, Kinder, Tic Tac) and many more.
In the past 3 years, we achieve the following milestones:
- Awarded Start-Up of the Year at StartCon
- Recognized as Digital Disruptor of the Retail and Consumer Products industry by the Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Selected to be part of muru-d, the Telstra accelerator
- $1M fund raising to accelerate growth
- Partner of Coca-Cola Amatil through their innovation and accelerator program, Amatil X
- 75,000 users on our Mobile App, and an increased popularity supported by the Australian media
- 30+ leading FMCG companies and retailers leveraging the power of Snooper
- An amazing team of 12 whose passion led to these fantastic results and are looking forward to the next Snooper adventures
What we do
SNOOPER is a crowdsourcing platform for brands: our community of shoppers gets paid to collect in-store data and share their experience with brands in real time through our app.
What’s in it for the brands: We are turning marketing and sales into a science – not just an art – by providing real time data analytics to brands at the lowest cost so that they can make smarter sales and marketing decisions. Brands can finally see through the eyes of their customers in real time and take actions to improve their experience in store.
What’s in it for our Snoopers: We create extra money opportunities for our community of shoppers and allow anyone to make money with their smartphones. Download the app, answer a couple of questions while shopping and get paid!
We’re looking for a passionate team member to drive our business development strategy and spearhead our growth in Australia and international markets by leading our sales funnel.
You will be responsible for the B2B sales strategy definition and execution of Snooper in Australia, New Zealand and beyond. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Define Snooper’s target customers and segments to build the top of our sales funnel
- Define our ‘hunting strategy’ to reach, engage and convert each customer segment into leads
- Promote Snooper products and services and lead client meetings
- Understand clients’ needs and make recommendations on how Snooper’s value proposition can help them meet their business objectives
- Build commercial proposals and negotiate contracts
- Collaborate with C-Level executives to help them make smarter sales and marketing decisions based on Snooper data
- Define farming strategy to keep clients engaged, grow existing key accounts and drive recurring sales by building long-term client relationships and position Snooper as a strategic partner in their digital transformation
- Grow new geographies, including our newly launched market – New Zealand
- Based on client interactions, make recommendations on product and pricing strategy
- Establish commercial partnerships to unlock new business opportunities (e.g. with industry bodies, FMCG/retail organisations, market research firms)
- Collaborate closely with our Customer Success team to make sure we deliver actionable insights to our clients
- Work with our marketing team to define B2B marketing and promotional plan (e.g. Newsletters, Free reports, etc)
- Provide input on go-to-market strategy to support sales
- Manage a team of junior business development associates and invest in their development plan
- 5-10 years experiences (preferred) – however, we believe in People and potential rather than in number of years of experiences so feel free to apply even if you don’t meet this criteria
- Experience in FMCG and Retail industry highly appreciated (FMCG or Retail professional background or Consulting experience in the industry)
- Passion for results and ready to go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients
- Commitment needed to drive key initiatives to successful outcomes in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passionate about sales and closing new clients.
- Very good communication and presentation skills to pitch Snooper’s product and services to C-level executives
- Very strong listening skills and excellent business sense to understand our clients’ needs and shape our product into solutions instead of pushing the same product to every client
- Strong analytical skillset to help our clients extract the best insights from the data collected
- Great sense of ownership, personal drive and autonomy
- Team player caring deeply about people and culture
- Join an awarded and fast growing start-up in the middle of our scaling stage
- Get the ability to be in the driving seat and take ownership to drive sustainable growth – you will have a very high impact on the business, immediately!
- Collaborate with the most renowned brands in the world to solve one of the biggest problem of the Retail and FMCG industry.
- Get unparalleled learning opportunities in a fast-paced organisation thanks to stage of the business and span of your responsibilities and by being a key member of the senior team.
- Benefit from our connection with the start-up ecosystem
- Enjoy a great work environment with a fun team and other perks (quarterly team offsites, annual Byron Bay team retreat,…).
- Work from our amazing office right in the centre of the Sydney CBD (bright open space shared with great Australian start-ups, barista coffee machine, ping pong table, office bar open every Friday afternoon,…).
Please apply by sending us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Laurie Wespes, our cofounder and CEO, via Linkedin if you have questions about the role.
You can also come visit us at our office (Sydney CBD – Wynyard) and let’s catch up to discuss your ambitions.
Please note that we do NOT accept candidates from recruiting firms or agencies.