Junior Software Developer
Build amazing products
We currently have a need for perm Junior Software Engineers to join our team. In this role, you will develop your frontend and backend development experience to build and enhance our products.
Our expectation is that you love working as part of a small (yet growing) team of engineers, can adapt and thrive in a start-up environment, love simple code that works and have a polyglot mindset with a desire to learn and use different technologies.
As a Junior software developer at Snooper, you will
- Work on client and user facing UIs, with a set of well-established technologies
- Be exposed to a pathway of learning, initially with a focus on the front-end, and increasingly across the full of the stack of our apps
- Be part of a team that will create the next generation of Snooper’s software architecture
- Have a chance to make a tangible and visible impact on our apps and deliver features for a growing user base of over 100,000 users.
- Work as part of a small (yet growing) development team in an agile methodology to deliver high quality software solutions and user experiences
- Participate in roadmap, release, and sprint planning
- Write clean, well-organised code while making appropriate trade-offs between delivery speed, performance, robustness, scalability and client deadlines
- Work on both sides of our product:
- Our web platform used by major brands and retailers in Australia and around the world to get access to real-time data analytics.
- Our mobile app used by over a hundred thousand people to collect data in store.
- Databases: MongoDB/Postgres
- Backend: Kotlin + Spring Boot
- Infrastructure: AWS services + Terraform
- Events processing: AWS lambda + SQS/SNS, Kinesis
For our next generation platform we are planning on integrating a variety of new technologies to our stack, including:
- GraphQL (Apollo, Hasura)
- AWS Gateway
- AWS AppSync
- Svelte, WASM, and Nativescript
The ideal candidate will possess
Solid knowledge in Computer Science and an understanding of good coding/testing practices
Some exposure to a relevant front-end technology, ideally React, as this will be your initial focus. Exposure to React Native is a bonus. We are open to candidates with exposure to Angular or Vue.
Some exposure to Java on the back-end (Kotlin is a plus but not mandatory). Exposure to node is considered.
An understanding of RESTful services
Understanding of databases (e.g. RDMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL like MongoDB)
An idea of automated testing and build pipelines, Docker, and CI/CD systems
The will to work on a user story from inception to production – guided, but independently
An analytical, yet creative and result-oriented approach to problem solving
Passion for results and ready to go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients and users
Why join Snooper
Join a start-up that has rapidly become the leading voice of its industry and is now ready to enter its scaling phase with ambitious goals including expansion in Asian countries by 2021.
You will be part of a small team of developers, meaning you will be in the driver’s seat, being at the front line of our development and making your own decisions about the future of our stack. You’ll have the chance to be creative and question the status quo to bring Snooper to its next stage of growth.