Drive our tech development
We currently have a need for perm Full Stack Software Engineers to join our team. In this role, you will use your backend and frontend development experience to build and enhance our products.
Our expectation is that you love working as part of a small (yet growing) team of engineers, can adapt and thrive in a start-up environment, love simple code that works and have a polyglot mindset with a desire to learn and use different technologies.
As a Software Engineer at Snooper, you will
- Be part of a team that will scale and enhance the existing platforms while we are creating the next generation of Snooper’s software architecture. Our projects vary between natively developing in our cloud-based architecture, and others will involve migration.
- Refine, design, and deliver product requirements.
- Work as part of a small (yet growing) development team in an agile methodology to deliver high quality software solutions.
- Participate in roadmap, release, and sprint planning.
- Write clean, well-organised code while making appropriate trade-offs between delivery speed, performance, robustness, scalability and client deadlines.
- Work on both sides of our product:
- Our web platform used by major brands and retailers in Australia and around the world to get access to real-time data analytics.
- Our mobile app used by over a hundred thousand people to collect data in store.
- Databases: MongoDB/Postgres
- Backend: Kotlin + Spring Boot
- Infrastructure: AWS services + Terraform
- Events processing: AWS lambda + SQS/SNS, Kinesis
For our next generation platform we are planning on integrating a variety of new technologies to our stack, including:
- GraphQL (Apollo, Hasura)
- AWS Gateway
- AWS AppSync
- Svelte, WASM, and Nativescript
The ideal candidate will possess
Strong knowledge in Computer Science (data structure, performance, concurrency, ….) and Software Craftsmanship (test practices, design, code review, mentoring, ….)
- Experience in multiple languages such as Java (mandatory) and/or Kotlin (not mandatory) to immediately help us build backend solutions
Experience in working with RESTful services
AWS experience across one or more of the following EC2, Kinesis, SQS, ElastiCache, Lambda, Glue, Athena, and S3. We are open to similar relevant experience with Azure or Google.
Competent with database technologies (e.g. RDMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL like DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB)
Strong understanding of code testability, build pipelines/DevOps, Docker and CI/CD systems
Ability to work on a user story from inception to production independently with a cross-functional mindset
An analytical, yet creative and result-oriented approach to problem solving
Passion for results and ready to go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients and users
Have full ownership of your features
Experience with React Native and Expo on a commercial project
Experience with Kotlin
Why join Snooper
Join a start-up that has rapidly become the leading voice of its industry and is now ready to enter its scaling phase with ambitious goals including expansion in Asian countries by 2021.
You will be part of a small team of developers, meaning you will be in the driver’s seat, being at the front line of our development and making your own decisions about the future of our stack. You’ll have the chance to be creative and question the status quo to bring Snooper to its next stage of growth.